On-Page SEO, as it technically sounds, is a matter that always remains at your finger’s end BECAUSE, unlike Off-page SEO, it is entirely in your hand or in your control, and I will tell you WHY & HOW! But On-Page SEO is a long-term process for ranking your website that involves lots of little steps, be it working in the backend or frontend. Keeping that in mind, let me assure you that both have their own significant impact on the total process of ranking your site successfully in SERPs.
If you constantly work with your On-Page SEO on your website, you will notice that you are getting organic traffic because Google and other Search Engines have started recognizing your website in a better way.
This article will show you exactly all the possible ways regarding “HOW to optimize your website with the help of On-Page SEO for ranking in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs)” and what you need to do STEP-BY-STEP to be successful and on top of the game of SEO.
Wanna get RESULTS? If YES, all you can do is follow my advice because I am sharing these strategies based on my practical implementation of the knowledge I gathered over the years.
What is On-Page SEO
On-page SEO is a unique technique that is applied to your website to improve the visibility of a particular page in the SERPs.
In other words, It is a major factor to optimize the targeted KEYWORDS, so that Google can properly understand what your website is all about. Then Google-dancing brings your webpage in the first place for testing users’ behaviour.
If searchers love your website and get optimum results satisfactorily against their query or search intent, then Google RankBrain gets a positive signal for that particular keyword and your ranking starts evolving to be stable in the search results.
The final goal of the On-Page SEO is to have a great experience from both the ends of the visitor and the search engine itself.
Let’s explore further to prove it.
How to Optimize Your Website with On-Page SEO
On-page SEO includes optimizing the content and structure of your website. We will NOW go into the DEPTH on HOW to perform On-Page SEO based on the following CHECKLIST
- Keyword Research
- Making Quality Content
- Using the main KEYWORD in the TITLE
- Optimizing URLs
- Optimizing Title Tag
- Meta Description
- Optimizing Image
- Using Internal and External Links
- Technical SEO
Let’s dive into more details
1. Keyword Research
With an intention of being VISIBLE in the SERPs, ranking your site is a huge challenge. But it is honestly NOT IMPOSSIBLE either! For this, FIRSTLY do your KEYWORD research properly based on what you want to rank in your site according to the search intent of the visitors of that niche. If you can identify it, you are ready to go a step further. But here below are some of my tips which can help you:
- Use keyword-research-tool and find those keywords which have low competition but have decent search volume.
- Based on your niche, target those keywords which the users are searching for according to their intent. If you do not follow this, your On-page SEO ranking is nearly impossible.
- You should target one main keyword per page and supportive keywords.
2. Making Quality Content
The number one #1 priority should be creating great quality content. No matter how well-optimized your website is, without meeting the criteria of quality content, it is impossible to rank. Let me give you some helpful tips below which you can apply to make Google-centric quality content, such as-
- Principles of E-A-T: It stands for Expertise, Authority, Trustworthiness and is an unavoidable part of the Google algorithm. If your content represents that you have expertise in what you are presenting, authority to justify your website and content itself, and trustworthiness that whatever information you are sharing is accurate, it meets the requirement of great quality content.
- Actionable: Whatever you are stating in the content should have some actionable for the user’s improvement.
- Usefulness: It must have some useful information for the users or the searchers.
- Readable: Your content should be clear to read and understandable enough.
- Relevancy and wholesomeness: You should cover everything in detail to match relevancy with the user’s search intent
3. Using the main KEYWORD in the TITLE
The title is an integral part for search engines to understand your webpage. So keep your main keyword always in the title to make google understand your topic easily. In the SERPs, users take great interest to click the most interesting title. So you should use the main keyword in the title and make it clickable.
4. Optimizing URLs
In order to obtain satisfactory clickable results in the SERPs, you need to optimize the URLs of your site. To make it a success, you should use the main keyword along with a short but trusted and clear URL. For Example:
You can NOW differentiate which URL you can trust and click for more details. I believe the majority of the traffic will click the first URL because they know exactly what they are going to get in that link.
5. Optimizing (H1) Title Tag
Undoubtedly (H1) title tag is a ranking factor which you see below the URL and above the meta description in SERPs. So if your content aligns with the search intent of the users, it will encourage them to click. So you need to optimize the title tag for more clicks and more traffic. Make sure you use a strong but attractive title tag which contains important keywords.
6. Meta Description
It appears under the title in SERPs. Moreover, it also appears in preview snippets. Please note, that the maximum number of searchers will only click on your link in the SERP if they can trust that the article will answer their query or search intent described accordingly in the meta description. So whenever you are going to write a meta description, make sure to follow these points mentioned below:
- Keep the meta description between 150-160 characters, so that it is fully visible in SERP.
- Don’t forget to mention the keywords that you want to target.
- Make it more appealing if you want to increase CTR
7. Optimizing Image
Long written content without (Multimedia) images is nothing but boring. If you can use your own graphic, It can keep the traffic engaged and feel elevated. Moreover, it makes them understand the topic more clearly. Here below are some quick tips for you so that you can optimize images pretty well.
- Add Alt. Text: You should use it so that search engines can understand what the image is all about.
- Compress the images: A compressed image can help the page load very fast. If the image file is too heavy, it will not open up soon and ultimately drop the page speed and the traffic will bounce from your page. And it can also affect your website in ranking.
- Convey value: Using images can increase the value of your content especially by using graphs, illustrations and screenshots.
8. Using Internal and External Links
Links are basically two types as we see in SEO. One is INTERNAL and the other one is EXTERNAL. So while doing On-page SEO, make sure that your content has both of these. Let me further explain these below:
- Internal Links: In other words, it is called inbound links and these kinds of links are used on your page to navigate your traffic or visitors to another page of your website. If you implement internal links, it helps Google to easily crawl your website and provides great authority for your site.
- External Links: In another word, it is called outbound links. These kinds of links help to take the traffic or visitors towards other domains for further information. Make sure you choose high domain authority while doing external links. It also helps Google to trust your site. So do it most often if you want to rank well in SERPs.
9. Technical SEO
Google ranks those websites that implement their guidelines, and below are the top On-Page SEO factors most of which Google take into their consideration, such as-
- Use of HTTPS
- Website speed
- Crawlable website
- Site Architecture
- Implementation of Schema Mark-up, etc.
Google has never been so open about all these factors except the website speed and the use of HTTPS. The reason behind not being so open is that they do not want to reveal those ranking factors. So that they can avoid the spammers from doing manipulation and increase good user experience. But whatever we have mentioned above as the ranking factors of On-Page SEO, they are at least important directly or indirectly whether Google considers them or not.
Who should implement On-page SEO?
If anyone wants to rank in SERPs, increase their organic traffic and great user experience on their website, then they should implement On-Page SEO.
Why is On-page SEO so important?
A page which is optimized well can help Google understand what the page is all about.
As Google says- “the most basic signal that information is relevant is when content contains the same keywords as your search query.”
Since Google regularly updates its algorithms, the website owners should optimize their website accordingly and it helps the traffic get sufficient information. As a result, it will also provide traffic great user experience once landing on that page. So you should keep in mind doing the relevant On-Page SEO in your overall strategy.
When should you do On-Page SEO?
Because SEO is a continuous process and Google changes its algorithm frequently, you cannot be on top of SERPs all the time. So whenever you are publishing or adding a new page on your site, you should do On-Page SEO. Additionally, it helps you to identify whether anything is missing in your SEO or not.
I hope you have enjoyed my article and how you can get the benefits of On-Page SEO. It is, no doubt, a crucial step in building and ranking a website. This article will provide a bit of insight into what’s involved in on-Page SEO and how it can have a great impact on the success of your website. I would love to hear from you if you have any questions or comments! If you would like to find out more about how to make the most out of your business and how to rank in the SERPs, visit here
Thank you for reading and for your time!